During the 2008 recession a lot of businesses came to Pixo looking for ways to ignite their marketing after their marketing budgets had been slashed. They needed solutions and they needed them fast. What we learned in 2008 applies to the COVID-19 economic slowdown that we face today. The best thing you can do is to act fast. Your best friend is to be ahead of the situation and be well positioned for when things see an upturn. The following are tips and marketing recommendations that can work for all businesses.
- Re-evaluate Your Website Design - sometimes websites get neglected during stronger economic activity. If you haven't redesigned your website in the last 3 years, then you are probably falling behind. Look at your website with a critical eye and more importantly talk to your clients about your website and see if it is meeting their needs. Are your competitors doing things online that is attractive to your clients? Sometimes when we are too close to something it makes it hard to see the things that are obvious to everyone else. Talk to an expert about the latest techniques in website user interface design. Make sure you are up to date on mobile design so your website not only gives your users the ultimate mobile experience but also make Google happy to improve your website rankings.
- Reach Out to Your Customers Where they Are at Right Now – I very successful businessman once told me, “Go where the people are!” That seems obvious, but are you doing it? Where are your customers at right now? Since the outbreak of COVID-19 internet usage has skyrocketed. Users are going online to interact with friends and businesses on social media more than ever. This is an amazing opportunity to build community online. Don’t just go out to sale them on social media. Go out to help them, entertain them, comfort them and then sale them. Social media first must be “social” and after that the sales come.
- Make Your Business Virtual – Use screenshares, videos, webinars, video conferencing and online chat tools to demonstrate and sale to new and old customers. These days it can be very easy to use your mobile phone to create videos and use services like Zoom and join.me to virtually talk with customers from your own home. We can help you add an online chat tool on your website, setup webinar sign-up forms and consult you on the best webinar tools to help make your business virtual.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – one of the best ways to drive business to your website is through search engine optimization. Basically, SEO is the art and science of getting your website to page #1 on Google for the right kind of keyword phrases that users most often use to find your products and services. Right now Pixo is offering 25% off setup for newly optimized websites until the end of the month. SEO can be one of the most economic ways to drive new business.
- Re-evaluate Your Website Content – just as important as re-designing your website is taking a hard look at your website’s content. At Pixo we like to do that every few months. It can be surprising how your business evolves over time and you may have outdated or incomplete product offerings on your website. When business slows down, it is the perfect time to make sure that your content is not only concise, but compelling. It the messaging right for your audience? Does it make them want to pick up the phone or email you? Do you have calls to action? Do you have visuals on the website? Is the content short and to the point so it is inviting to read? Is the content search engine optimized with the right keywords so your pages can rank on Google? Also, are the images on your website optimized for the fastest page load time so users don't have to wait for the page to load?
We’ve found these 5 things, when properly done, are guaranteed to help you drive new business from online sources. One of the great things about these five things are they are relatively inexpensive and with a little guidance you can typically find some success almost immediately front it? Looking for additional ideas to help drive business or already nailing these five items? Give us a call at 720-334-7496! We’ve got a ton of experience in how to take things up a notch and to build a customize solution for your situation. Call Pixo today!