One issue we see too often with websites that are upgrading their version of the Concrete5 CMS to the latest version is that the site owner does not upgrade Concrete5 in the correct order. You would think if you are running Concrete5 version 5.7.3 that you could just upgrade to concerte5 version 8, right? It just doesn't work that way. Some version of concrete5 have to be upgraded in a specific order or you will run into errors. Follow the upgrade order below and you should be good. However, you should always do a backup of your database before doing any upgrades (better safe than sorry).
Remember that when you upgrade your website, the add-ons for your website will sometimes need to be upgrade as well. However, those can be done after you have done your final concrete5 upgrade and don't need to be upgraded with each "in-between" version upgrade you are doing. At times, custom blocks can break with some upgrades so those may need to be re-written after an upgrade as well.
If you need help with upgrading your concrete5 site please give us a call.
- Concrete5 versions below 5.3.2 need to be upgraded to version 5.3.2 before continuing.
- Version 5.3.2 to 22.214.171.124 need to be upgrade to version 126.96.36.199 before continuing.
- Version 188.8.131.52 needs to be upgrade to version 5.5.0 before continuing.
- Version 5.5.0 to 5.5.2 need to be upgraded to version 184.108.40.206 before continuing.
- Version 220.127.116.11 needs to be upgraded to 5.6.0 or higher.
- Version 5.6.0 to 18.104.22.168 cannot upgrade to version 5.7+. There is no upgrade path from 5.6 versions to 5.7 at this time. However, we do have a way to migrate content from 5.6 to 5.7 (contact us).
- Version of 5.7 below 5.7.3, you must update to 5.7.3 before updating to 5.7.4 or greater.
- Version 5.7.4 you must update to 22.214.171.124 before updating to 8.0 (Concrete5 version 8).