Do you have a business that you would like to drive more traffic to your website to for local searches? For example, if you are in Midway, UT or Denver, CO and you would like to show up on Google searches for people that are within 5 miles of your business, here are some tips on how to increase your visibility and start ranking.
- The top four most important factors to increase your local rankings are: 1) Google My Business (GMB) ranking, 2) Reviews on your Google My Business, 3) website ranking in the search engines, 3) Links to your website
- To rank in local organic results, the most important areas to focus on are: 1) On-page optimization, 2) Links, 3) Behavior
- Google My Business has grown importance since 2018 - rising from 25% of local ranking factors to 33% in 2020
- Online reviews are now the second most important factor for local pack rankings - overtaking links
- Key local pack ranking factors: 1) Primary GMB category, 2) Keywords in GMB title, 3) Proximity of searcher
- Our research has found that the top local organic ranking factors are: 1) Quality of inbound links, 2) Volume of quality content, 3) Keywords in anchor text of inbound links including your city location name.